Saturday 25 February 2012

Notebook Repair Recovery Partition Disk

Hi guys,

After reinstall my Operating System from Vista to Windows 8, after many of bugs found in this early version, I want to go back to my Vista System.
But I install my old version of MSDNAA Windows Xp to compare performance and after that I found problem to restore system to factory OS that was Vista.

Windows Xp override MBR and some files on Recovery Partition and the F9 key in boot mode doesn't work.
So it was a problem to go back to Vista.

I look for solution to repair Recovery Partition Disk on my Asus notebook. And after a lot of time I found it.
To reinstall my Vista system I use:

What I do:
  • from microsoft article (about Windows Automated Installation Kit) I get this line of code
Cd Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\
Oscdimg -n –bc:\winpe_x86\etfsboot.com c:\winpe_x86\ISO c:\winpe_x86\winpe_x86.iso
I change this line to:
// H: - my Recovery Partition
// F:  - my Data partition where I export created iso file
oscdimg -n -m -bH:\boot\etfsboot.com H:\ F:\Images\WinPe.iso
This line created WinPe.iso file.
After that by IsoToUsb tool I install iso image to my USB Pendrive.


No comments:

Post a Comment